Berne Union Climate Working Group sponsored workshop, kindly hosted by ECI
6 December 2023
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL
As part of its mission to advance the BU membership’s climate practices and contribute to global problem-solving around sustainable development, the BU CWG is organising a practical in-person workshop, coinciding with COP28 in Dubai. The workshop is open to all BU members and CWG affiliates.
The workshop will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel Dubai IFC, from 10AM – 1PM, followed by a light lunch. RSVP required.
The purpose of this workshop is:
- To bring together sustainability experts and climate champions who are attending the UN Climate Change Conference
- To harness their immediate reactions to COP28 outcomes and process what these mean for the export credit community
- To take stock on best practices and actions that deliver climate impact
- To provide all BU members an opportunity to participate alongside climate expert community
- And to conceptualise practical goals around which the BU CWG can contribute to this through the course of the next year
The workshop will explore:
- What does it mean to be Paris Aligned? What are the outcomes of the global stocktake on climate action?
- What are the most impactful themes and ideas to focus on today? How are these themes likely to translate to practical impact to export finance industry?
- How are ECAs and banking partners able to work together to achieve impact and fill gaps in ECA policies? What are the collaboration opportunities?
- What are different pathways to Net Zero even if you do not yet have a net zero target? How to re-level the climate playing field?
- How can BU advance our members’ climate goals?
Developing the CWG workplan for 2024:
- Our aim is to use this workshop to channel the latest discussion among sustainability experts into practical output to support the climate goals of the wider export credit community, through the BU CWG.
- We will publish key outcomes from the meeting with the BU community via video recordings and announce a refreshed CWG workplan for 2024 towards the end of the year.
- If there is a practical area of work you would like to see the group focus on please let us know, and we will aim to input this to the planning and discussion around the workshop.
Is your organisation planning to send a delegation to COP28 or are you interested in attending?
- If so, please let us know if you or your colleagues are able to attend this workshop.
- We welcome involvement from across the BU membership and our CWG partners.
- RSVP to Eve Hall to reserve your place. Space is limited, therefore, first come first serve applies.