Finance in Common: Export credit as a mobiliser of private capital for sustainable economic development - register now!
The Berne Union is leading a side event at the 2023 Finance in Common Summit of Public Development Banks in Cartagena on Wednesday 6th September
This discussion will explore the role of export finance in economic development, how the risk mitigation instruments deployed by public and private sector underwriters of credit and political risk can help leverage private sector investment for projects with sustainable economic impact, and opportunities for a more integrated overall system of public finance which can bring together export and development capital.
The session will be led by BU President Maëlia Dufour and Secretary General Paul Heaney with input from BU members and stakeholders including:
- Dan Riordan, Global Head of Political Risk and Credit, Vantage
- Rouzbeh Ashayeri, Senior Underwriter Financial Institutions and Capital Markets, MIGA
- Jorge Velázquez, Director of Innovation, Bancomext
- Chris Mitman, Head of Export and Agency Finance, Investec and Managing Partner at Acre Impact Capital
- Gabriel Felpeto, VP Finance, CAF
- Diana Smallridge, CEO, Momentus (formerly international Financial Consulting Ltd)
More information on this and the whole summit programme as well as registration available via the Finance in Common 2023 website.
REGISTER NOW to participate in the summit virtually!
FiCS 2023 is taking place in Cartagena, Colombia with the participation of more than 520 Public Development Banks(PDBs) from around the world. This summit seeks new forms of cooperation to align financial flows to the implementation of the2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement.