Climate Working Group representatives share highlights from the UN COP27
The UN Climate Change Conference COP27 took place in Sharm El Sheik, Egypt, in November 2022.
It concluded with "much homework and little time”, as UN Secretary-General António Guterres put it.
Berne Union and CWG members from EKN, EKF, UKEF, ATRADIUS DSB, DZ BANK and EDC shared their observations from attending the meetings in November at one of the CWG regular calls.
In this recording, moderated by Leah Gilbert Morris, the CWG Chair, we reflect on main COP27 takeaways:
- Establishing a dedicated fund for loss and damage
- Maintaining a clear intention to keep 1.5°C within reach
- Holding businesses and institutions to account
- Mobilising more financial support for developing countries
- Making the pivot toward implementation
Watch this video to learn about the implications for ECAs in the wider climate discussion.