Berne Union Leadership
The Berne Union is led by the President, Vice President and Management Committee (MC).
The day to day business of the Berne Union is managed by a professional Secretariat, based in London, under the leadership of the Secretary General.
THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE CONSISTS OF
- Vice President
- 4 Committee Chairs
- 13 Member Organisations
The 13 Member Organisations are held as institutional positions. These are held by the two largest member organisations from each of the Short Term, ECA and Medium/Long Committees.
The remaining seven members are put forward from among all 4 Committees on a voluntary, rotating, basis. All elected and rotating positions are held for a period of 2 years.
The collective experience of our executives guides the organisation to be relevant, forward thinking, fair and professional.
BIOGRAPHIES OF BU OFFICIALS AND SECRETARIAT
2022/2023 MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- President: Maëlia Dufour (BPIFRANCE)
- Vice President: Benjamin Mugisha (ATI)
- Short Term Committee Chair: Katarzyna Kowalska (KUKE)
- ECA Committee Chair: Isabel Galdiz (US EXIM)
- MLT Committee Chair: Edith Quintrell (LIBERTY)
- Prague Club Committee Chair: Josef Jirkal (EGAP)
- Institutional Members: ATRADIUS; COFACE; ECI; EH GERMANY; EKF; EXIM HUNGARY; EXIM ROMANIA; FINNVERA; LIBERTY; NEXI; SACE; SINOSURE; TURKEXIM
The Secretariat work with the President, Vice President, Management Committee and 4 Committee Chairs to implement the Berne Union Strategy and realise its vision to be to be the leading network of international credit and investment insurers for the purpose of information exchange, sharing of expertise, and networking among its members.
The Management Committee meet at least four times per year to discuss the strategic direction of the association and provide guidance on operational issues.