Berne Union Leadership
The Berne Union is led by the President, Vice President and Management Committee (MC).
The Management Committee meet at least four times per year to discuss the strategic direction of the association and provide guidance on operational issues, directed in part through a number of specialist Task Forces.
The day to day business of the Berne Union is managed by a professional Secretariat, based in London, under the leadership of the Secretary General.
The Secretariat work with the President, Vice President, Management Committee and Committee Chairs to implement the Berne Union Strategy and realise its vision to be to be the leading network of international credit and investment insurers for the purpose of information exchange, sharing of expertise, and networking among its members.
The President,Vice President and other Elected Officials serve for a term of two years.
The Management Committee consists of:
- Vice President
- 4 Committee Chairs
- 13 Member Organisations
The 13 Member Organisations are held as institutional positions. These are held by the two largest member organisations from each of the Short Term, Medium/Long Term and Investment Committees. The remaining seven members are put forward from among all 4 Committees on a voluntary, rotating, basis, also serving for two year terms.
Management Committee 2017/18
- President: Topi Vesteri (FINNVERA)
- Vice President: Mandisi Nkuhlu (ECIC SA)
- Short Term Committee Chair: Verena Utzinger (SERV)
- Medium/Long Term Committee Chair: Hendrik Holdefleiss (EULER HERMES)
- Investment Committee Chair: Christina Westholm-Schroder (SOVEREIGN)
- Prague Club Committee Chair: Danilo Ćirković, (AOFI)
- Institutional Members: ATRADIUS, COFACE, BPI FRANCE, EULER HERMES, NEXI, SINOSURE, ECGC, EXIMBANKA SR, HBOR, KSURE US EXIM, AXA XL, ZURICH
The collective experience of our executives guides the organisation to be relevant, forward thinking, fair and professional.
Biographies for elected officials and Secretariat personell can be found via the links below.